Thursday, December 7, 2006

Linking through the pain

Depression alters how you taste food.
There's no gender bias in Science, right?

I wrote my research paper about Assisted Reproduction, and part of what I found was that people with non-lethal conditions sometimes use genetic screening to make sure their children will have the same condition. Dwarfism and deafness are two of the biggest examples. "Normal" people might see this as cruel, to choose specifically to have a child with a disease just because you want them to be like you. But I understand where they are coming from, a deaf person might feel they cannot raise a child who speaks. They might also feel that the child doesn't feel like they belong in the parent's culture. Anyway, I just read this blog, which cited a NYTimes article, which acted like this was some new idea. The sources I read for my paper were at least 10 years old. Interesting topic, I think.

Side note, its been 2 1/2 hours and my face is still numb. But I guess the pills are working because my teeth don't hurt now.

No comments:

Post a Comment