Sunday, December 10, 2006

I have the Hiccups again

So, its 1am and I am NOT tired at all. I think I had 3 or 4 cups of coffee at IHOP about an hour ago. I'm gonna try to sleep anyway, but we'll see how that works out.

Anywhoo, we saw The Holiday tonight. It is, by far, the best movie I've seen lately. Not to say that The Fountain wasn't good, but this one made me laugh out loud, literally. That doesn't happen much.

Ohhh! Also I've noticed alot of the books I loved as a kid are being made into movies: Charlottes' Web, Bridge to Tarabithia, and How to Eat Fried Worms. We saw the preview for Bridge to Tarabithia tonight, and I'm really excited. I remember that was the first book that I cried at, or maybe it was Where the Red Fern Grows. Serious growing-up books. I read up to 10 books a week in the 6th grade, walking back and forth from the tiny public library. Because read well above my grade level I was exposed to certain mature subjects. I think it was really important in shaping me emotionally at that time, that my reading wasn't censored at all. I really regret that I havn't been able to read much in the last few years. I doubt I've read 10 books in the last year. I don't really forsee having any time to read soon either.

No comments:

Post a Comment