Saturday, August 16, 2008

Family History

I thought I would mine my family history for some surname ideas. I started at the geneology page that my mom put together a few years ago. It goes back to my ggg-grandmother, Charles Ann Boggs.

A Google search for Charles Ann Boggs got me to her on someone else's geneology page. Here are her ancestors and siblings. Funny how all of her siblings returned to (died in) France, where their grandmother Ann Scobee was born in 1783. She's the only one who stayed in the states.

Anyway, since Charles Ann's gg-grandparents (if i'm counting right), Charles Clandenin and Mary Ann Patterson, were both born in Scotland but married in 1735 in Pennsylvania, they must have come over before then.


So I can trace back all the way to William and Margaret (Clandenin), born in Scotland, 1650.

How cool is all that?

Also, isn't
Sophronia a neat name? Well I found her in another person's database, and holy cow, that one goes pretty far back into England. Seriously, I haven't found the end of it yet. Woah.

I'm still digging into Lawson.
To keep things straight:
Edward William Lawson
Edward William Lawson on RootsWeb
son of Thomas Sebner Lawson and Sarah Ellen Stanley
Tomas Lawson was the son of
Lewis LAWSON and Celia Ellen TRIMBLE

And now I give up, because it seems all piecemeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment