Saturday, January 13, 2007

Bubble Girl

Yesterday after work we went to the house to sort and pack some more stuff. It was cold, cloudy, and rainy. While sitting on the floor of my office sorting old bills and school papers, the room brightened and turned a warm shade of orange. The sun had drooped below the cloudline as it was setting. Since there is no power at the house, it was time to load up the cars and leave. Michael left first. As I opened my door and got in, I looked up at the pinkish-orange sky. Above me, surrounding me, was the most distinct and complete rainbow I've ever seen. Each color seperated into large bands and streached unbroken across the sky. I felt like I was in a giant colorful soap bubble. I eventually pulled my eyes away, reluctantly. As I drove home, the sky became a deep dusky pink, and then grey. Eventually I could see nothing but headlights reflecting the rain on my windshield.

It was cool. I tried to take a picture with my phone, but somehow it was video instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment