Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Festivus for the Rest of Us!

Original: December 7, 2005 - Wednesday

This is the first year I've ever had to really decide what to do about the holidays, and I've been married to a Christmas-loving atheist for nearly 3 years. Well, sometimes he believes HE is god, but not the point.

I like the feeling of the season and the pretty, wintery, or funny decorations, but of course not the underlying 'theme'. I decided it was bull-dookey to not celebrate the season just because Christians ruined it to convert people. Total bull-poopy. So I bought a 3 foot tall live tree at Wal-Mart and it's sitting in the corner of the room with one ornament on it. It's not the traditional triangle shaped tree, but it is an evergreen and the needles are soft and pretty. It will still look nice as a houseplant all year long, if it lives. I need more decorations.

Yeah, my outdoor plants are lookin pretty sickly now. We had frost two days in a row this week, and I didn't bring them in until yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment