Saturday, October 21, 2006

Stars

Just got back from a nice refreshing walk with the hubby. *sigh* We hate Texas. Our list of places that would be maybe okay to live? Colorado, D.C area(maybenot), Oregon, Washington. Biggest complaint about Texass? There is not a damn ounce of culture in this place. Also, it smells. Skunks, sewage, skunks, mmm potato wedges *follows nose*...

Only thing I like about this place? The stars, but thats only because this is a medium/small city and this area doesn't have much light pollution. The Orionid meteor shower is this weekend. I slept through best viewing this morning, but maybe there will still be something to see if I stay up tonight. If I had a small backyard telescope, I would catch the comet Swan cruising through. *sigh* No such luck.

In other news? I wish we would go look at more apartments. I wish I was more motivated for school. These and more I would wish upon a shooting star, if I see any tonight.

Space Elevator

3 comments:

  1. I agree Texas is a different kind of place and sometimes the smells will cause you to gag. The stars are way awesome! I can get lost in the beauty.

    Posted by Metrés on October 22, 2006 - Sunday at 8:39 PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave Texas. I live in the LA metro area, and saw some shooting stars this weekend. Talk about light pollution. Have you been to Austin? I always hear good things about Austin, but I only ever lived in Houston, Dallas and Corpus Christi. Corpus Christi was fun, but I don't remember any culture. It smelled like ocean there, which I liked, but some people think is gross.

    Posted by Chloe on October 22, 2006 - Sunday at 11:11 PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to leave Texas. I can't for at least the next 12 months, until my enlistment is up. Even then Michael will still be in.

    I stayed up a little late last night, but I only *maybe* saw two. Maybe next time I will remember the right day.

    Posted by MaterRelic on October 22, 2006 - Sunday at 11:17 PM

    ReplyDelete