Sunday, February 4, 2007

Torture

Barely a breeze, 65 degrees, cloudless beautiful sky.

I have spent most of my day inside, cleaning. I got to go outside to walk to the dumpster, and once to sit and clean some large tupperware containers. They were in our garage, icky.

Michael is annoyed by the windows being open, because kid and traffic sounds are disturbing his all-day gaming session, same as the dishwasher and vaccum noises. The door is open too, and his flesh is burning off from exposure to natural light. Do you hear the sympathy oozing from my words? Yeah, thought so.

Sun sets in exactly 2 hours.

Yesterday I finished putting together our new desk. My the skin on my thumb and palm hurt from all the toolwork. So the cleaning was mostly throwing away packing materials and vaccuming little white dots off the carpet.

3 comments:

  1. It was nigh 80 here today! I spent most of the day outside doing yard work =) Man it had been so long since I had used a mower I had to call for help to figure out how to get the damn thing running... I'm a wizz at computers and such but a mere mower defeated me with little effort rofl.

    Re kid/traffic noise... ah the joys of living in an apartment! Never ever want to go back to that again... hey at least someone wasn't outside cutting wood with an axe or even a chainsaw heh.

    Posted by Fred on February 4, 2007 - Sunday at 5:46 PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snort*

    When we lived in a house, I liked my old-fashioned mechanical lawnmower. Push and go, no gas or electricity required. Took a lot more effort, but I didn't have to smell the gas fumes or be afraid of mowing off my foot.

    Because I'm clumsy.

    Posted by MaterRelic on February 4, 2007 - Sunday at 5:49 PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. What she forgot to mention was that the sunlight from the door was keeping from seeing anything sinced it glared off the floor into my eyes... not the melting of my skin.... Oh and did she not mention the 3 types of painkillers I'm on due to a back injury :( Well... only two at a time, cause the third is to help me sleep... but still.

    Posted by Live the life of a fairy tale on February 6, 2007 - Tuesday at 5:15 PM

    ReplyDelete