Saturday, December 8, 2007

Sickness

For the last month or so, I've been almost-sick. Just not quite sick enough to say "I'm sick." Just a low level headache, body aches I could attribute to walking between classes and studying (haha, jk) and went away with a couple Tylanol. There was a little congestion in the morning that would clear up in a hot shower, and some random sneezing. Well today I woke up and the world smelled a little bad, and the congestion was worse.

I remember the last time I smelled this, the same time I was running all over the place trying to PCS from Okinawa. The sinus infection dried out from the Sudafed and got so bad that I was a wreck because I was starving but everything smelled like rotting meat. I spent all my "free time" with a hot wet washcloth pressed against my nose. For two weeks.

So this morning I did some sinus irrigation and then took a hot shower. The smell is still there, but the congestion is reduced. I didn't know about sinus irrigation the last time, so hopefully I can keep this thing down and not be sick during finals and when I go home in a few weeks.

I was going to run a little, but couldn't find my running shoes. The house is still a mess. I was planning to go to the library to study at 1pm, but my clothes aren't dry yet. I like studying there because there are fewer distractions like TV and internet and birds and a dirty house. Well, there's internet but being there reminds me that I can't screw around online.

No comments:

Post a Comment