Monday, November 5, 2007

Decisions, Decisions

Registration for Spring 2008 opens this week. My adviser rescheduled my appointment until tomorrow at 3 (note to self), but I've already put together a schedule conflict worksheet. Stress is that I've completed ALL of my general and elective requirements, thanks primarily to CCAF and the fact that those were the only classes I could take while on Active Duty. That means that I have to somehow fill at least 12 credit hours using only classes from my major and minor concentrations, in order to be paid for full time by GIBill. That's so not happening.

I need to take Calculus 3, Physics 2 + Lab, Geology + Lab, and one of the two Physics courses that don't have Physics 2 as a prerequisite. If I could do that, it would be 14 credits.

The first two are both offered in the spring, so I'm good there. Unfortunately, Geology is offered at the exact same time as Physics, so I can't take it. Thats kind of okay because I can take it in the summer. But since neither of the two Physics courses I could take are even offered in the Spring, I'm only going to be able to take 7 credits. Half-time. Damn. Its possible that I could take the remaining Math requirement, but I don't really want to take two tough Math courses in the same term.

That's also why I don't want to minor in Math. Just imagine it: Two upper level Physics classes, plus two upper level Math classes every term for the next 2 1/2 years. No, not so much. It sounds like as much fun as eating tacks for breakfast. So I'm thinking about Geology as a minor. I could get a little bit of the Great Outdoors over the summers. Half of the required credits are offered in the summer, which means I can be fulltime in the summer and be able to graduate by the end of 2009 (Woohoo! the same decade as I graduated from HS!). Plus, it actually sounds interesting, and a good relief from the Math+Physics beatings I must endure. (I like Physics, really) I was hoping to get a feel for it this Spring, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

Anyway, if you read this far, you are bored, and I am sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment