Thursday, November 1, 2007

What a mess...

Dear [username],

Your My Account User ID has been locked due to excessive attempts to log in [WITH THE CORRECT PASSWORD!]. To unlock your account, please reset your password by returning to Forgot Your Password on My Account and entering your User ID. If you cannot remember your User ID [WHICH IS RIGHT THERE AT THE TOP OF THIS EMAIL AND IS THE ONE YOU USED WHICH GOT YOU LOCKED OUT] and are the original person to register your account (Account Administrator), please contact Customer Service at 1-800-alltel1. If you are not the original person to register your account and have forgotten your User ID please contact the Account Administrator to obtain your User ID which is located in Account Management.

Our goal is to provide you with exceptional customer service. Online account accessibility through My Account gives you the control and convenience [BARF] you need to manage your account on-line. We appreciate your business and hope you love every minute.

Thank you for being a valued Alltel Customer.

Alltel Communications



Except "To unlock your account, please reset your password by returning to Forgot Your Password on My Account and entering your User ID." doesn't work because my account has been locked! I am so.incredibly.not. in the mood to argue about this with the customer service people, and the email thing on the website is insisting that I create a new account in order to send an email to customer service, and then insists that my account already exists (duh!) and won't let me send the email, and just sending an email to the mailbox they reply with gets an autoresponse saying it isn't monitored so please use the email thing on the website and then my brains just exploded.

No comments:

Post a Comment