Saturday, January 12, 2008

BSG Speculation

No, I don't like spoilers. What I do like are hinty-tidbits that incite rampant speculation. Like a kid in a candy store. Sadly, Season 4 doesn't start until APRIL 4.

Amanda, stop reading here, until you've watched Season 3. Go now, shoo...

Ok. Via Shakesville (by way of Entertainment Weekly) we have the a "last supper" type photo of the cast and a list of 10 hints. I'm only interested in #10 and #7. Go check out the image first, though.

10. The Missing Figure. Someone is indeed absent from the table admits Moore: “We have not yet revealed the final [unknown] Cylon.” Does that mean the people already at the table aren’t the final Cylon? Moore laughs, “you ferreted that our pretty slyly. I didn’t really want to give that away.”

Begin Rampant Speculation (no life, thanks for asking). Ok so the order of the image is Pres. Roslin, Leader Six, Col. Tigh, Unknown, Lee Adama, Baltar, Head Six, Starbuck, Anders, Chief Tyrol, Athena, Helo, Adm. Adama. My Top 3 guesses for The Final Cylon are

1) Cally: because hint #7 tells us: His child with Cally would seem to be the second human-Cylon hybrid and hints Moore, “one should consider the knife in his hand in that context. It has been pretty key in this story that the reason cylons still need humans is because they can't have kids, and they believe the missing ingredient is love. Thus the big deal that Athena(cylon) and Helo(human) had a baby. The next step is a fully cylon baby: Nicolas Tyrol.

2) Ellen Fucking Tigh: because I hate her and wanted so bad for her to Digh-Digh-Digh that I know they would bring her back as a cylon just to piss me off. Also, the empty space is between Col Tigh and Lee Adama, and all the other characters are in some way paired in significant ways so it just makes sense.

3) Duala: I highly doubt this one, but it follows from the previous reasoning. The hints say something about Lee as Judas-like? but I'm not exactly sure what that means, and I won't presume to try.

And again, what is up with the numbering system? It has been annoying me since late Season 1. I'm assuming
1 = Cavil
2 = Leobon
3 = Xena
4 = Simon
5 = Doral
6 = Shelly/Gina/Head/etc...
7 = .......Cally? (no super-special number for the Big Unknown Final Cylon?)
8 = Athena/Valleri (she's the one who messes up a reasonable numbering system)
9 - 12 = Saul Tigh, Sam Anders, Galen Tyrol, Tory Foster

Or maybe Unknown(Cally) is #12 and the other 4 are just randomly placed.

Nobody but me cares, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment