Friday, February 22, 2008

Uhhh...Moe? Ok.

Now that I've registered to vote in Texass *yack*, confirmed that I did it in time, and found my voting location (must make tinfoil hat), I suppose I should decide between Obama and Clinton. Damn it, I was really hoping one of them would royally screw up so I could make a clear choice. No such luck, as far as I can tell. Yet.

I've been reading as much as possible (to the detriment of my studies, as usual) from each candidate's website, at least 1000 political blog posts, NPR news, CNN, BBCA..., ..., ...

My brains hurt, but I wasn't much closer to a decision. I'm excited about both candidates, but I have annoyance points for both too. I think they're both great. Can we have both, please? That thought has led me directly to the following reasoning: I can see young "inexperienced" Obama as Clinton's Vice President. I cannot see things the other way around. I think if she doesn't get the nomination, she would bow out and return to the Senate to work on her own terms. I mean, a young male President and an older female VP just seems monumentally unbalanced. I also suspect she's a bit of a control freak, and I can totally relate.

So I'm voting for Clinton, in hopes that Obama will be her running mate. That way we get a double-dose of toppled white male privilege.

Either that, or I'm playing a game of Eenie-Meanie-Miney-Moe in the voting booth. And that would just be silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment