Thursday, April 5, 2007

Recipe Ideas

I found this site that sells edible flowers, but it doesn't say what some of them taste like. I was hoping to find something local. Maybe that tiny farmers market downtown will have some.

These recipe ideas are based on the lovely fragrance wafting through my house. This afternoon after school, I walked into the apartment and detected a faint floral scent. At first I thought of my birthday bouquet, but it wilted and I threw it out yesterday. Later, I opened the front room window, and it was wonderful. There's some sort of bush with glossy dark leaves and clusters of fragrant white blooms. I'm inspired to bake something with a floral scent. Not now of course, because I'm trudging through some more Related Rates problems, but soon. Soon, my friends.

Rose-Lemon Glazed Cake
Plus a recipe for candied rose petals. Mmmmm.

Edible Flower Recipes
Has several recipes including: FLORAL LIQUEUR, FLOWER BUTTER(good for making butter cookies!), FLOWER SYRUP...

Lavendar Recipes
Lavender Cookies

2 eggs
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lavender leaves
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
confectioner's sugar
rosewater

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Put eggs, margarine, sugar and lavender into blender and run on low until well mixed. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Add other ingredients and stir until well blended. Drop dough a teaspoon at a time onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake until lightly browned. Blend enough rosewater into the confectioners sugar to make a smooth frosting. Ice the cookies and let them set until frosting is firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment