Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Random

Confessions of a Failed Mathlete
The first time I ever saw a math question about two trains approaching each other at different speeds, I drew a complete blank. In a white flash of panic I saw my brilliant academic future begin to slip away.
Do I ever know how that feels, we started Related Rates yesterday. Not going so well. Oh well, its not like its going worse than the rest of the term. Damn.

Quarantine
Yes, the government can still enforce quarantine & isolation.
Having a horrible and deadly disease will not get you enough pity for the rest of us to be okay with you giving it to everyone. Sorry.

Scientists have revealed details of the world's only known case of "semi-identical" twins.
They are the result of two sperm cells fertilising a single egg, which then divided to form two embryos - and each sperm contributed genes to each child.
Dude.

Morpho Towers--Two Standing Spirals
The body of the tower was made by a new technique called "ferrofluid sculpture" that enables artists to create dynamic sculptures with fluid materials. This technique uses one electromagnet, and its iron core is extended and sculpted.
You might remember the last ferrofluid image I posted about, a spikey black fluid. This is way way cooler, looks like a black spiral tree and it moves to music. There is video.

I was going to post more, but now I have to pee, and then go back to working on my bungled math work. I probably should've started my homework yesterday. I had a bad day, with a failed attempt at a seperations physical, getting my taxes done, and finding that the bird I've wanted to get has a hurt foot. So instead, I started reading Brother Odd at 4-ish. 8 hours later I was finished, and tired, and slightly happier.

I havn't been to the gym all week. I'm a bad bad girl. Ugh.

Sarah: I owe you an ice cream cake...please come over and eat the rest, before I do. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment