Sunday, June 10, 2007

Politics and Not Sleeping

Might as well post something new. Its not as if I have a life or anything. I did intend on going to bed at 11pm, but then the TV had some recast of the Democratic Faith and Politics debate, which I had intended to see and missed, so I watched it. Then I read some stuff online about it, and before you know it, I was stuck on the Internet. Again.

My take was that both Edwards and Obama said things I agree with. As a kid I spent well enough time living in poverty, with only Missouri MC+ as health care. One of them said "eliminating education programs in prison is not being tough on crime." Also, Edwards' response to whether he supported same-sex unions: "No, personally. But I don't think its the president's job to enforce his faith so same-sex partnerships deserve the same rights and responsibilities as any other marriage" I'm totally paraphrasing here, because I can't find a transcript and I'm too tired to keep looking. Also, Michael called while Obama was on, so I didn't get all of his 15 minutes.

Clinton seemed very uncomfortable or tired, and had a hard time looking the moderator in the face, constantly looking down. It was pretty clear to me that she was putting on a show with the whole thing, much more so than her counterparts. Coming from me, that's not exactly a criticism. Since most of the questions they asked her were about her husband's affair, I was uninterested and drifted off. I think it would be great to have a female president, but I need to see her talk in another format. From what little I've seen she pushes her talking points too hard and is a bit too stiff.

A technical note: the chairs were too high, and the candidates and moderator looked like they were having a hard time getting in and out of them. Especially Clinton and Obrian. Is it sad that I can be confident in the spelling of Solidad, but not Obrian?

No comments:

Post a Comment